Friday, February 13, 2009

Momma T's

So I served my first day at mother teresa's home of Prem Dan. It is not the home of the dying (Khalighat). The reason I served at Prem Dan is because Khalighat is currently full on volunteers. I'm going to switch in a week or so I am fairly confident.

I volunteered from 8-12 and that is what I will be doing all of the time. First we washed clothes for a while. Then we went outside and massaged and shaved and gave hair cuts to the people living there. This is not nearly as hardcore as Khalighat will be if I go there. I just gave men massages and shaved a couple (I wasn't so good at these tasks but I don't think it mattered). Then the volunteers stop for about 30 min. for tea time, we have some chai tea which is ridiculously good here and some cookie sort of things. Then we help take the food out to the people living there and then do the dishes after that. This is the general rotation of every day at Prem Dan.

Sorry not much time to update well right now. I hope to put up some pic's of the city later.

No comments:

Post a Comment