Tuesday, February 24, 2009

new home

Ok so I have moved away from beth, the servant team leader for word made flesh, and into a new home with 4 Indian guys from nagaland, a state of india that is east of bangladesh. They look Chinese or Korean, meaning squinty eyes and lighter skin. I am adjusting right now to living with them and trying to get settled in. It is in a much quieter place than beth's house. It is a little bit outside of the city so I have to take 30 minutes worth of auto rickshaw rides and then hop on the most southern metro station to go anywhere. I think this will be fine, and I hope that I get to live with these guys for the whole time I stay here. Their ages are 29, 25, 22, 21. They are basically missionaries here in kolkata and are doing bible studies and I think ministering to people in the slums. I will find out a lot more about this later. I am both excited and nervous about living with them. Anyways, they are basically some of the nicest guys ever and have made me feel at home already. They are very generous for sure.

Tomorrow is Sari Bari's 3rd birthday so they are taking all of the ladies (I think 28 of them) to a nice lunch and then we are going to the botanical gardens...which should be interesting. India is definitely a place exploding with culture.

I got to go back to Prem Dan today after missing out yesterday because of the move. I am really liking it more every time I go. There are so many ways to reach out to people. Many times non-Christian volunteers show up and they almost always ask me, "so what brought you to calcutta?" This really flings the door wide open to share about my love for Jesus with them. Really all of life should be lived with a heart that is continually ready to share about who Jesus is to you.

Yea so, at 3 a.m. tomorrow moring I will have been in kolkata for 2 weeks. I have already learned a ton and I know that God will teach me a lot more. I am thinking more and more that everyone needs to come and experience this place. The mix between the poverty that you see and serving at momma t's really will rock your world. My world has only begun the rocking lol. I'm sure God has a lot to come in the next 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment