Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SariBari

So yesterday was my first day at SariBari. I got to do a little cutting and tying of knots to help put on the inside pocket to the bags that they make. It was fun being a part of the amazing redemptive process that SariBari is. The cool thing about it is they do a great job of making very professional products so it is very much a business. The wmf staff here are praying for a contract to come into their hands soon (meaning now) so that they can start another branch in another part of the city near a bigger, more prominent red light district. This would be a huge thing if God allows this. They of course were supposed to get the contract some time around last October, but the owners have continually put it off to stall the process. I personally want it to happen also just because I will get to be involved some in doing some renovations to the building that they get, which is really cool. I would love to be able to say, hey I helped make that happen.

Yea though, I am getting used to living in the nagahouse which is cool. There are some super good things about it (such as the mosquito net, and real shower, and fan in the room). I am very thankful that God has let me move in with these amazing guys from nagaland. I have gotten to know them a little but I am usually gone all day and at night I almost always want to just sit by myself and do nothing so I haven't gotten to know them super well yet. I definitely find myself much more of an introvert at the end of the day in this city. I really do love the time that I can spend just sitting there writing or reading and having no crazy horns around me.

Prem Dan was great today and I am continuing to love it more and more. There were more volunteers there today than I have seen yet. I think there were around 18, which means that there is less to do, which is disappointing. I am pretty surprised because it is starting to get hotter here and it makes sense that less people will come then. I think the month of April will be a non-volunteer month, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment