Tuesday, May 18, 2010

momma t's

Ok, so we are here. We= me and Josh by the way. We are staying alone in a place that is really good I think. It is near where I stayed last time that I was here. We will eat dinner every night with my friends from Nagaland that work with the church here (Charis Fellowship). Nagaland people are the most generous people ever. Or maybe just these few that I know.

It has been incredibly sweet to see these old friends I used to live and go to church with. I look forward to spending lots of time with them over the next 2 weeks. Also, It is confirmed for us to go see my compassion kid, so that is exciting.

We did our first day volunteering at Mother Theresa's home of the dying today. I love that place. I almost forgot how awesome it is. It was cool to see some of the people there too. I was actually remembered by a worker! I only recognized a handful of patients. I guess they only let a few stay there long term. Everybody else comes and goes. Either they get better and leave or they stay there and die. I saw a guy today who had a hole in his chest that was somehow connected to his lung. He could breathe out of chest or something. Pretty crazy.

Josh is doing great. He is doing a lot better than I would have been.

I tried to show a couple of guys John 3:16 in my Bengali bible. It was kinda funny because a lot of these guys its like impossible to communicate with so I can't really tell if they have a clue what I'm trying to get across. One guy told me he only reads Hindi so Imma bring a Hindi bible next time. Woowoo.

Pray for us. That we don't waste any of the time we have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment